Online Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Hockey League

Online Hockey League

HomeExpansion Talk I_icon_mini_calendarLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Year 4 Position Changes
Expansion Talk I_icon_minitimeby buckie54-Oilers Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:21 pm

» Year 4 Prospect Creations
Expansion Talk I_icon_minitimeby buckie54-Oilers Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:47 pm

» Yr 4 Trade Blocksd
Expansion Talk I_icon_minitimeby Hawks-junkie Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:51 am

» Year 4 NHL Rerate
Expansion Talk I_icon_minitimeby Hawks-junkie Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:08 pm

» Year 4 Draft Order
Expansion Talk I_icon_minitimeby buckie54-Oilers Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:27 pm

» Year 3 Awards
Expansion Talk I_icon_minitimeby buckie54-Oilers Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:40 pm

» 2015 ODDS DRAFT CLASS
Expansion Talk I_icon_minitimeby buckie54-Oilers Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:38 pm

» Expansion Availables
Expansion Talk I_icon_minitimeby buckie54-Oilers Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:47 pm

» Expansion Draft
Expansion Talk I_icon_minitimeby SmashVille Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:21 pm

» Year 4 Retirements
Expansion Talk I_icon_minitimeby buckie54-Oilers Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:56 pm

Expansion Talk

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
buckie54-Oilers
Admin
buckie54-Oilers

Expansion Talk Empty
PostSubject: Expansion Talk   Expansion Talk I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 7:58 pm

Suggestions??
Opinions..
Back to top Go down
StefanK

StefanK

Expansion Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion Talk   Expansion Talk I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 8:59 pm

I don't think I am missing anything. We have been though one expansion already with vary little complaining. We wanted to do it this season and it was voted on and passed. Still we are going to hold off not to upset a few people. And now after getting there way people want to change the rules.

I am glad you brought up the teams having to much talent. "We carry the same rules the NHL carries, but they are 30 teams. We should be protecting an additional player or 2"

You want to protect more player because you realize the teams are overloaded with talent. There more then enough players to go around. Even with two more teams

But I do disagree with you wanting the expansion teams to struggle like true expansion teams. They are deep in second level talent. And should have an opportunity to compete right from the start like any other team.
Back to top Go down
buckie54-Oilers
Admin
buckie54-Oilers

Expansion Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion Talk   Expansion Talk I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 11:21 pm

I will be adjusting the rounds to 35. I wanted to do it before, and now that i know others would agree i will. At 40 it ust insured they had full roster
Back to top Go down
StefanK

StefanK

Expansion Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion Talk   Expansion Talk I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 11:26 pm

Most of the teams in the league were in the 50-52 roster player range. If we only do 35 round its an unbalanced amount coming from from all teams. And the new teams will still be short on players.
Back to top Go down
StefanK

StefanK

Expansion Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion Talk   Expansion Talk I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 11:42 pm

If this is the plan we will need a lot more players created. We talked about a list of 60-70 players that should be created and in the league. And then splitting that into two groups as new UFA over the next two seasons. With the new teams leaning more on FA we will need more player created if we are going to have a real FA pool during the season. I don't think we should ad the next best 70 UFA this season. We will need a lot more lower level roll players. Guys like that should start showing up on team more and more as we thin out the rosters with more teams.
Back to top Go down
buckie54-Oilers
Admin
buckie54-Oilers

Expansion Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion Talk   Expansion Talk I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 11:47 pm

I would be good with 33 rounds, each team loses 3 players. Both expansion teams must at least sign 7 players each. Leaving them to have more of a selecton.
Back to top Go down
Stevie Wild

Stevie Wild

Expansion Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion Talk   Expansion Talk I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 10:26 am

I think 44 rounds. 4 players per team max. Each team can lose only 1 goalie. Each expansion team can only select 4 goalies.

Gives each new team 44 players including 4 goalies. Good solid base to build a team on. Some of those will be prospects. So really probably 40-41 or so players. Trades, UFAs and prospect creations can make up diff.

Other teams... losing 4 players is tolerable. No arguing talent gets diluted but it does hit everyone. Lots of UFas of lower grade available to fill farm or 4the lines, create prospects, bump farmers to pro. Don't think lots of ufas will be needed on top of what we have. But probably lots of prospects will need to be created though. those PO7.0 c guys might get a chance to play.

imo

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Expansion Talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion Talk   Expansion Talk I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Expansion Talk
Page 1 of 1